Prof. Durganand Sinha Dissertation Award-2022
Last Date of Application: January 31th, 2023
Application Template: Download
Prof. Durganand Sinha Doctoral Dissertation Award was instituted during the lifetime of Prof. Sinha to promote and recognize quality scientific research in the form of a Doctoral Dissertation. After his death in 1998, the award is managed by the Prof. Durganand Sinha Trust. The National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) India organizes the award competition during its annual convention. This year the award competition would be organized along with the 31st Annual convention of NAOP that is being organized by the Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad during March 3-5, 2023 (visit- https://ahduni.edu.in/academics/schools-centres/school-of-arts-and-sciences/events/32nd-annual-convention-of-the-national-academy-of-psychology-naop/) .
Eligibility for the Award:
In order to be eligible for the award the candidate must have been awarded the Doctoral Degree (in Psychology or in other related areas of Psychological Sciences) not more than three years prior to the date of the annual convention of NAOP (i.e. January 2020 or later).
Each aspirant is required to email the completed application along with all the documents to the Award Chair Prof. Ramacharan Tripathi (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before the last date. The application document must be accompanied by the following-
- Soft copy of the dissertation along with a report of the plagiarism checker.
- An abstract (not more than 500 words covering the summary of the doctoral work of the aspirant and its unique contribution to the discipline)
- A single-authored unpublished paper summarizing the doctoral work of the candidate (The paper should be based on the dissertation work of the candidate. The length of the paper should be between 5000 to 6000 words. The aspirant must submit a self-declaration that the paper is unpublished. The shortlisted candidate will be asked to present this paper in a special session at the conference.)
- A brief CV (Not more than 2 pages long).
- A dully filled information sheet (forwarded by the HoD or Supervisor)
- The Trust will constitute a committee to select up to five scholars to attend NAOP convention and present their work based on their papers in a special session.
- All the short-listed candidates would get a participation certificate and their registration fee for the conference would be waived by NAOP. The Trust will reimburse their travel expenses upto Rs. 2500/-
- An expert committee appointed by the scientific committee of the Conference which will preferably consist of the experts who have read the theses of the candidates will evaluate the overall quality of dissertations based on their Thesis based on which the Doctoral degree was awarded and the presentations made by the candidates. They will then make their recommendation for Prof. Durganand Sinha Best Dissertation Award.
- The Best Dissertation awardee will be given a certificate and a medal by the Trust.
Conference Website: https://ahduni.edu.in/academics/schools-centres/school-of-arts-and-sciences/events/32nd-annual-convention-of-the-national-academy-of-psychology-naop/